Veteran Relief Fund Project
The goal of the Veteran Relief Fund Project
is simple: To provide assistance to the men and women that have sacrificed so much to protect our freedom. We aim to provide emergency funds to our nations vets to help cover those unexpected hardships of life including but not limited to hardship caused by a job loss, auto repair, groceries, past due utility bills, rent assistance, and more! Many other programs exist for our veterans, but most of their requirements make it nearly impossible to receive assistance.
Our veterans should not have to meet unattainable requirements to receive help. We all need a little help sometimes; this is our way of giving back to those that have helped our nation the most. The Veteran Relief Fund was organized by OIF veteran Ryan Curtis, who served 4 years in the United States Marine Corps and was Honorably Discharged in 2010. In a joint effort with Military Brats Inc., Ryan maintains and supervises the fund’s activities including application review. Simply put, a veteran is a veteran whether they served in WWI or OIF. There is no limitations period that will define your status as a veteran with us unlike many other programs. Welcome home!
Eligibility Requirements are as follows:
- Honorably Discharged from the US Armed Forces (DD-214 or other proof required at time of application)
- Must be undergoing an extreme hardship causing financial distress.
- Proof of hardship (Bill, Bank Statement, etc.)
Every situation is unique, and because of that we will take each request case by case, and do our best to assist you. Please understand that some hardships will take precedence over others, and due to our limited funding you may not receive the exact amount you request. We will do our best to assist you in any way we can.
If you are an eligible applicant and need help getting over a bump in the road, apply for assistance!
To apply for a grant:
IMPORTANT: Currently there are no funds available. If you want to be on our list for notifications when funds become available, please email us but do not send the following information until we contact you.
- Send us your First Name, Last Name, Branch of Service, Contact Information, and a detailed description of your hardship. Please note, each applicant will be thoroughly vetted before we make our decision so be sure to outline as many details as possible about your situation (who are you, what circumstances led up to your hardship, when will you get back on your feet, where do your financial priorities lie, why are you requesting a grant from us, how do you plan on overcoming your situation, etc).
- Attach other proof of service and honorable discharge.
- Attach any and all supporting documents that you think will help us make our decision. This should include a bank statement for the past month.
We understand that time is of the essence, and we will provide an answer to your request as soon as possible. Send your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org